When In Doubt




Many who know me, know that one of my favorite sayings is:

Stay In Your Lane

If you want someone to stop in their tracks: hit them with it. 

And as much as it is my go-to saying, it isn't the priority that I need to say or think, and especially not what I should feel.

                                        When In Doubt: Show Grace 
  
I am by no stretch of the imagination, a lady-lady. I missed the day when timid and meek was being giving out. I was probably making a mud pie or chasing a butterfly. Bold, loud, outspoken: I showed up for seconds. And thirds. Not going to lie, I bellied up to the table for it.

It's been one of those days.  Obstacles have gotten in the way. I am being tested. In almost every aspect of my life, a test is under way. It's like a storm that is brewing in the distance. You can see it. You can even smell it. It's coming.

God threw me a life line this afternoon. He has this way of doing that.
2 Corinthians 5:17, Our verse from our devotion and copy work.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 

The old me is gone. Everyday I can start new. My verse for this season in my life is 1 Corinthians 1:3

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Show Grace

It is extremely hard for me, almost 20 year veteran of working in the lumber industry to not pop off at the mouth. I have a vocabulary that make the devil cringe. "...old things are passed away...."

 What do I need to do?
Show Grace

My son is wild and free today. My daughter? She has her own time clock and it doesn't turn with mine...
Show Grace

Trying to keep a schedule together and filling voids...

Show Grace
Test results will be coming back...
                                                       
                                                      Show Grace

Being a friend...

Show Grace

When the reaction isn't really about you....

Show Grace

Before all else fails...
Show Grace

Not everyone or everything will go my way. I know that. I am very aware of it. It has taken me a long time to get to this point in my life, in my family, or any ministry I serve in or served in.
The scars, battle wounds, brokenness, humiliation that lead to being humble, the emptiness to make me new and Show Grace. 

There is someone who needed to hear this. 

If nothing else, today, just: 
Show Grace

I promise, my other posts will come out. Every word has changed each time I edit it. It is extremely personal for me. I sit and start to write, I need to make sure that I show Grace.

Subnote: my kids have been dragging their feet, and goofing off all morning. I had something I had to do and handle. I sat to write and as my tears fell, I simply put on their Keys for Kids podcast for our morning devotion. Not a word was spoken by me. 
Show Grace, child. Show them grace.

They are at the table, working diligently. Today, no matter what, grace wins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Platform, New Approach